not all montessori schools are alike . . .
Niagara Montessori is an authentic Montessori preschool serving the Niagara Region. We follow the unique educational philosophy developed by Italian physician, Dr. Maria Montessori and the standards set by the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI). The goal of Montessori education is to provide children with a joyful learning experience in which their natural curiosities can be cultivated. Niagara Montessori prides itself on offering families the highest quality program, facilities, furnishings and materials.
We are delighted you are considering a Montessori start for your child.
Montessori education is designed around the needs of children in their current stage of development. The Montessori primary program is specially created to meet the unique needs of little ones during their formative years. And it is these first six years that are the most important in your child’s development.
what makes montessori unique ?
· Respect for children - their abilities, interests and individuality.
· Individual lessons reflecting individual needs and personalities.
· Freedoms (choice, movement, etc.) for the development of self-esteem, self-discipline, self-motivation, and self-respect.
· Specially-designed materials, with built in controls, to allow for self-correction, self-discovery, and self-directed learning,
enticing great joy and accomplishment.
· Purposeful activity to fulfill the young child’s inner needs of independence, adaptation, and movement.
· Peaceful environment which builds peaceful members of society.